This is my favorite band! :D They broke up last year. D:
...But wait, you say. That's not a band. That's a scrambled up...something.
But you're wrong, I say! That's a QR code, and it's the next big thing.
To use it (you have to have a smart phone--sorry, luddites!):
- Download "Inigma" or search "QR Reader" in your app store/marketplace.
- Open that app. You'll see a box or something that says "center code" or something along those lines.
- Point your camera at the QR code on the computer screen and center it in the box you see.
- In some apps, you may have to click or tap to get it to capture, but Inigma will scan it automatically.
- OMG YOU'RE ON A WEBSITE! It's magic.
Well, OK. Not "magic." But it's close. These codes are super easy to generate, and they make it very easy for people to access complicated URLs. No worrying about forgetting or misspelling. Which makes them great for PR and marketing--although they're usually displayed places where you can't click a link (like a postcard or sticker) instead of on a computer. I think their applications in book promo are endless.
More of my favorites!
My Former Life
Isn't this "knowledge" stuff FUN?!