Thursday, March 3, 2011

A Few Of My Favorite Things


This is my favorite band! :D They broke up last year. D:





...But wait, you say. That's not a band. That's a scrambled up...something.
But you're wrong, I say! That's a QR code, and it's the next big thing.
To use it (you have to have a smart phone--sorry, luddites!):
  1. Download "Inigma" or search "QR Reader" in your app store/marketplace.
  2. Open that app. You'll see a box or something that says "center code" or something along those lines.
  3. Point your camera at the QR code on the computer screen and center it in the box you see.
  4. In some apps, you may have to click or tap to get it to capture, but Inigma will scan it automatically.
  5. OMG YOU'RE ON A WEBSITE! It's magic.
Well, OK. Not "magic." But it's close. These codes are super easy to generate, and they make it very easy for people to access complicated URLs. No worrying about forgetting or misspelling. Which makes them great for PR and marketing--although they're usually displayed places where you can't click a link (like a postcard or sticker) instead of on a computer. I think their applications in book promo are endless.


More of my favorites!

My sister



My Former Life




Books!


Isn't this "knowledge" stuff FUN?!



2 comments:

  1. I've seen those in some magazines and though I've never scanned one I know they let readers link to slideshows or videos or any extra content without having to stop reading and type it into a browser. I had no idea they were used in other places, but it's a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh! I'm still have a bronze age phone, that sounds really useful actually, thanks!

    - Franco

    ReplyDelete