We had such a great time with this other contest that I thought I'd repeat for our friend Maria. But the stakes are going to be much, much higher.
The prize: Query critique, first 30 page critique, and a 20 minute Skype call.
Here's how to get it:
- Like and/or send people to like The Maria Paradox fanpage on Facebook.
- Follow and/or send people to follow The Maria Paradox on Twitter
- Blog, tweet, post on Facebook about either of the above or about the Maria Paradox ebook (use this link: http://bit.ly/yDClFm)
Keep track of where you post/tweet/blog about the book--please help these authors promote their Facebook and Twitter pages.
There will be THREE WINNERS. How do you win? Well, you do the best job. That means posting/reposting the most amount of times, and in the largest variety of ways or places. Maybe reaching out to friends' blogs to reblog your blog post or...I dunno. Up to you. :) I've pasted a Press Release at the bottom of this post that you can copy and paste/send to friends for blog posts.
- Do your posting. Remember, you have SEVEN days. Pace yourself.
- Send an email with ONLY the following in the subject line: Ebook Celebration to assistant[AT]bookhaven[DOT]com No punctuation, no project title, no nothing except those two words with that exact capitalization.
- Paste your links to the places you've posted these links and/or where you've had others reblog, repost, or retweet.
The contest will be open for one full week, from tomorrow, February 2 - February 9.
Any posts/reposts will be counted between those days. But remember, variety and number of people reached is more important than volume! Retweeting yourself seven times won't get you a win.
Sound hard? Well, it's a competition! :)
I'll look over the entries, decide on the winners, and get back in touch about sending your materials and scheduling your call by March 31.
Thanks in advance for your help!!
*****PRESS RELEASE FOR BLOG POSTS (feel free to copy)*****
THE MARIA PARADOX, written by Drs. Rosa Gil and Carmen Vazquez, is a unique self-help guide for Hispanic women and the men who love them.
The authors challenge the machismo-reinforcing idea of “marianismo,” a centuries-old belief system that in effect tells Latinas: "Don't forget a woman's subservient place; never put your own needs first; sex is for making babies.”
Filled with self-help exercises, this clearly written manual offers practical advice on how to build support networks, overcome passivity, forge career paths, change or get out of abusive relationships and increase sexual fulfillment.
Filled with real-life success stories and wise, compassionate advice, THE MARIA PARADOX details how Latinas can enjoy the best of both worlds.