Monday, September 12, 2011

Networking

It never ceases to amaze me how powerful randomness is. How one seemingly random occurrence can be related to other recent random occurrences and how fast the randomness synergy adds up to something wonderful.

For instance, my love affair with StumbleUpon has brought me two clients. I set aside 20 minutes every day to use it. If nothing else, I see some really cool stuff and it gives me fresh fodder for my social media accounts. Sometimes I even find things to pass along to my authors for their social media accounts.

There's so much information available to us these days. It can be so overwhelming, but if you just let randomness take over (in moderation) you might be surprised at the benefits.

1 comment:

  1. I have a love hate relationship with StumbleUpon. I love it… but that love leads to hours of stumbling that I feel should go elsewhere and then we break up for a week… and I’m right back on that horse. Perhaps I should try to limit my time on the site… it might bring about a more healthy relationship.

    It’s awesome that you’ve found clients through the site and that you find things to direct to your authors! I mostly use it for inspiration.

    ReplyDelete