Monday, May 9, 2011

Interesting...

...relationship between book, short fiction, and TV series. Of course, it doesn't hurt if you're Elmore Leonard, either. Read about it here.

I think we're going to see a lot more of this type of reverse- or laterally engineered content. Where a book idea may come from an idea for a screen or teleplay, spawning app or enhanced ebook ideas, etc. I also think it's going to change how we think about packaging a book for sale, whether to an editor behind the scenes or in public on the B&N table or web.

Hmm...

2 comments:

  1. I was fascinated when I read it this AM--An Elmore Leonard Story-->a TV Show-->an Elmore Leonard novel. Sort of like Elmore Leonard writing his own fanfic. But I'm already dying to read it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to read it! I would argue that Justified is one of the most well written shows on tv today, and I'm enraptured with the story. The chemistry between Olyphant and Goggins (who wasn't supposed to make it past the first episode)is fantastic, understated and perfect for boyhood buds on different sides of a moral line. If you're not watching - go watch. And if you haven't read "Fire in the Hole", do that too!

    ReplyDelete