My series on the way digi-pub affects agents' roles (here, here, here, and here) is an example of the sort of thing we’re going for. I'm interested not only in what new possibilites are out there (apps! ebooks! unicorns! rainbows!) but how publishing, in all its facets, has to change to take advantage. What everyone's role, from author to agent to publisher, might look like in the future.
I want this blog to be a dialogue (rhyme!). I want to get feedback on what
So how about a little celebratory contest? Enter by commenting (+1), putting this on social media somehow (+2), following the blog (+2), or suggesting a future blog topic in the comments section (+3). I’ll select, oh, let’s say three winners by a mysterious method of my choosing.
Prizes, you ask?
Well, I really like picking prizes based on winner’s preference, but here are some ideas:
- Some sort of agent-y prize: critique of query or first 5 pages. Or something.
- A social media checkup. I’ll look at your blog, twitter, website, etc. and make sure that you’re putting your best foot forward.
- Title brainstorm. Need something titled? Let’s do it.
- It’s been suggested that I send out a signed copy of a FPLM client’s book. But I haven’t asked anyone about that. And it would be signed by me.
- If it’s reasonable (I reserve sole judgment) you can suggest your own.
Thanks for stopping by!
(Is this font too small?)